Q: What does Mysticexperiences.net bring to this age’s understanding of mysticism?
A: The Blog started as an aid to help me understand my experiences of what I thereby discovered were Mystical Experiences of Reality.
My exploratory writing alone was hugely validating, So were all the helpful Comments Likes, Followers and emails the Blog prompted from around the world from Seekers, writers, professionals, academics – from over 70 countries.
Q: So it worked?
A: Yes. It still is working.
After hiding my experiences for nearly 60 years, by starting this web site, I discovered I am a mystic and that the subject is studied in universities around the world with vigour and enthusiasm by physicists, theologians, philosophers, psychologists and students.
I learned that Oxford University alone archived 6,000 case studies. This archive is now growing and being studied and added to under a Templeton Foundation grant at Wales University.
One of the Blog’s Followers, a Philosophy Master, questioned universities on a technical question about mysticism and got personal correspondence from published professors in 58 universities.
As a result, I learned I was not alone, nor mad … So I could have “come out” of hiding as a mystic years ago with no one raising an eyebrow; at least in learned circles. Among my friends, not so much …
Friends’ reactions have ranged from politely ignoring the subject to one sideways muttered suggestion my MERs were psychotic. Others have become Followers of the Blog.
Also, I was warned by a Sufi school I was eventually initiated into that my friends, colleagues, acquaintances, that even my reading matter and lifestyle would change dramatically. They did, almost without me noticing. I am now a friendly recluse.
I feel uncomfortable with most humans, particularly with the unrealised ones (see prophecy 15 below …). However, I do seem to have developed empathy, tolerance and patience with Seekers. I avoid the merely curious.
I also feel the web page joins the challenge of updating the limited understanding of previous generations. And it is meeting the questions by Seekers bewildered by their unbidden, unremitting passion to know the truth of existence.
Little do some Seekers know )they seek the Reality experienced by the mystics, or that Reality planted their passion in them and is drawing them to Itself. Seekers are different to the commonality of humans; emerging.
Their destiny is assured and more immediate than most, bearing in mind the focus they need to respond to their calling.
Bearing all this in mind, here is what I know so far:
- Reality contains everything known and unknown. Nothing exists outside It, including humans;
- It is not human;
- The experience of Reality is caught, not taught.
- It is knowable by direct individual experience within the parameters of the individual’s development. (Eg: as humanity developed it reached the ability to go from seeing in black and white to the qualia of seeing colour; so mystics seem to be chosen in like manner, without obvious qualifications;
- It is Consciousness emerging;
- It is benign, totally accepting (ie: inexpressibly loving);
- It is constantly creating and developing;
- It does not allow anything to interfere in Its purpose, (including humans);
- It is everything in Reality; it provides, guards, guides, nourishes, replenishes, aids, observes, asserts its purpose;
- It is all powerful; destroys, rebuilds, recreates;
- Reality’s form is non material; non human, though everything shares Its ingredients as It shares ours. We are It;
- It has given humans all they need and rarely if ever reacts to human wants;
- It gives, never wants;
- Reality is only interested in individuals;
- Humans are at a very primitive, early stage of existence;
- Prophecies can arise from the mystical experience, but such prophecies rarely get their timing right, (ie: “the kingdom of heaven is at hand” …).
- However modern mystics can prophesy that religions, ideologies, lust, anger, greed, nations, isolated and isolating cultures, tribes, families, dependencies, attachments to anything but the development of the individual, are withering and dying in the timely fashion Reality has of asserting Itself. Human ego will also disappear as a disposable appendage. It will be tamed and anyway doomed to permanent death with the disposable brain and body.
- If some eastern schools of mysticism are to be believed, Reality develops Itself, absorbing everything into It, including humans, to become pure spirit like Itself. I certainly was not human in my experiences. I resisted desperately every time I was returned from my experiences into being human again. Now, I hope with all my body, mind and strength that being with Reality is my destiny after death.
- All who experience Reality will come to know ineffably that All Is Well. We’re under better stewardship than we can provide.