In MER, Mystical Experience of Reality, there are no rules. In Reality all is as it should be. There, mystics are safe. In fact, they’ve probably merged into Reality so no longer exist. Reality doesn’t know what a mystic is. Mystic is a human word.
However, in the mystic’s human state, there are observances a mystic might find useful:
- Pragmatic defensiveness using avoidance and silence help deal with the generality of humanity, even if you’re in a caring profession.
- Being decent – doing no harm, spiritually, physically, mentally or emotionally to any part of the creation, is basic, and also a good defence whilst marooned here,
- Being legal, wherever in the babble of human cultures and tribal instincts, institutional taboos and mythomanic attachments you may find yourself, will usually keep you safe,
- Being honest will commend you to the generality of humans – if applied with discernment and discrimination, as not all humans are equal. (Warning: They think they are),
- Generally, avoid human expectations as you would untimely death,
- Hone your mystical invisibility to maintain your centre of content and spiritual focus in your temporary human state,
- By all means, be sympathetic and empathetic in thought, word and deed when faced with human predicaments, but do not believe or infer to others you can be of much real help. There is a difference between true, correcting and lasting help and selfish interference. (We see this in the separating evils of religions, politics, and passive/aggressive egos – all of them strong, human mind-conditions you’ll stumble across often).
Basically, just escaping into contemplative remembrance of your MER(s) until you regain your mystic equilibrium will meet most of the problems of your developing calling whilst here.
Keep heart, you’ll never again be as far from Reality as you are now …
Onwards and upwards. All Is Well.